Located on the corner of Fourth and Oak streets in Mount Carmel, the locally owned, independent pharmacy has been a cornerstone of the downtown business community since 1967. Originally established as the Burch Drug Store in 1954, the business was owned by Dr. Joseph Greco until it was purchased by Giles Belski on August 14, 1967 and became known as Community Pharmacy.
Belski's daughter Debbie Mekosh, who worked at the business since 1978, assumed ownership in 1994 and has continued to provide the same prompt, courteous and reliable service which the people of Mount Carmel have come to expect.
Community Pharmacy offers prompt prescription filling and is fully computerized in order to maintain accurate patient profiles. Community Pharmacy was actually the first pharmacy outside of Williampsort to be come computerized back in 1988. Community Pharmacy maintains a complete line of prescription medications including a full line of generic drugs by quality manufacturers in addition to personal health care products and over the counter medications. The pharmacy has recently begun selling quality CBD products from Medterra, as well as pet medications from Animal Med Express. Other services offered by the pharmacy include free prescription delivery to the surrounding areas, fax services to anywhere in the world, and they also accept payments for The News Item.
Debra Mekosh, RPh
Owner Debbie Mekosh, originally from Mount Carmel, currently resides in the Elysburg area. She is a graduate of Temple University. She has been with the pharmacy since 1978, and has been the owner since 1994.
Laurel Scicchitano, RPh
Pharmacist Laurel Scicchitano currently resides in the Den Mar Gardens area. She is a graduate of Temple University. She has been with the pharmacy since 2015.